Foreign Language ((English) for the 1st-year students of economic faculty, specialized in International Economy)
|Semester||Amount of hours||Group||Teacher(s)|
The aim of the course is to familiarize students with the basics of English grammar, to form the necessary communicative ability in professional and situational communication in oral and written forms, skills of practical command of the foreign language in various speech activities.
Its goal is to shape professional thinking. Diverse presentation of the educational material and the system of various exercises are aimed at mastering the basics of the English language.
- Evans V. Upstream B2+. Upper Intermediate : student`s book / Virginia Evans, Bob Obee. – Newbury : Express Publishing, 2013. – 264 p. : ill.
- Evans V. Upstream B2+. Upper Intermediate : workbook / Virginia Evans, Bob Obee. – Newbury : Express Publishing, 2013. – 136
- Dooley, J. Grammarway 4 :English Grammar Bookwith answers / J. Dooley, V. Evans. – 4-th impr. – Newbury: Express Publishing, – 278 p.
- Milton J. A Good Turn of Phrase: Advanced Practice in Phrasal Verbs and Prepositional Phrases Student’s Book / Milton, B. Blake, V. Evans. – Newbury: Express Publishing, 2000. – 98 p.
- Milton J. A Good Turn of Phrase: Advanced Idiom Practice Student’s Book / Milton, V. Evans. – Newbury: Express Publishing, 2000. – 51 p.
- The economist http://www.economist.com/
- Financial Times http://www.ft.com/home/europe
- The Guardian (Business section) http://www.theguardian.com/uk/business
- Ted Talks https://www.ted.com/
- Baker M. In other words: A Coursebook on Translation. – London and New York: Routledge, 1992. – V. XII. – 304 p.
- Newmark P. A Textbook of Translation. – New York; London: Prentice Hall, 1988. – XII. – 292 p.