Position: Dean of Faculty of Foreign Languages, Docent, Intercultural Communication and Translation Department
Scientific degree: Candidate of Philological Sciences
Academic status: Associate Professor
Phone (office): (032) 239-46-80
Working out and introducing into the curriculum a new concept of learning foreign languages inthe Ivan Franko National University in Lviv in accordance with the European standards. Volodymyr Sulym developes special interest in National Variants of the Modern German Language within the context of D-A-CH-concept (the German Language in Germany, Austria and Switzerland) as well as in the problems of Contrastive Linguistics and Sociolinguistics.
1. Zur Intemationalisierung von Phraseologismen Lateinischer Herkunft//Das Wort. Germanistisches Lahrbuch DDR-UdSSR. Berlin-Moskau, 1990. S. 175 – 179.
2. Phraseological Diglossion of the National Variants of the Modern German Language. //Inozemna Philologia. 1992. Vol. 103. Pp. 61 – 67.
3. Specifically National Component of Verbal Phraseologisms of the German Language in Austria. //Inozemna Philologia. 1994. Vol. 106. Pp. 36 – 42.
4. Lexical Borrowings as a Component of Nationally Marked Phraseologisms in the German Language. //Inozemna Philologia. 2001. Vol. 112. Pp. 94 – 98.
5. Latin Language. Text Book for Nonspecial Faculties Colleges, Gymnasiums (in the co-authorship with N. H. Revak. Lviv. 2002. 236 pp.
|1978-1981 –||student of the Faculty of Foreign Languages, the Ivan Franko National University in Lviv, Department of German Philology, speciality: “German Language and Literature”;|
|1981-1985 –||student of the Faculty of German Languages of the Leipzig University in Germany. Graduated with Honourable Diploma;|
|1985-1991 –||lecturer of the Department of German Philology, the Ivan Franko National University in Lviv;|
|1991-1993 –||Postgraduate Courses at the Department of Romance-German Philology, the Taras Shevchenko National University in Kyiv;|
|1994 –||defended the thesis for the Candidate of Philology titling: ”Usual Divergency of Verbal Phraseological Units in National Variants of the Modern German Language”;|
|Since 1995 –||Associate Professor of the Department of German Philology;|
|1999 –||Dozent of the Department of German Philology;|
|Since 2000 –||Dean of the Faculty of Foreign Languages, the Ivan Franko National University in Lviv.|
Volodymyr Sulym launched an interesting direction in the scientific researches, having dedicated his works to the analysis of the variant divergencies within the German Language. Thus he claims to be the first among the scholars in the area of the Theory of National Variants. In 1994 Volodymyr defended the thesis for the Candidate of Philology titling: ”Usual Divergency of Verbal Phraseological Units in National Variants of the Modern German Language” proving that the territorial factors of the German Language spreading together with its specific historical-cultural heritage became one of the most important reasons of its inner being unequal leading to the emergence of three national variants: German, Austrian and Swiss. Each national variant performs the same functions as any homogenous language, possesses own sociolingual model and forms a part of the German polinational language within the whole super system of sole language.