Seminar on methods of EFL/ESP teaching/learning: “EFL/ESP communicative competence acquisition by students majoring in sciences”
|Heads||Natalya Mykytenko, Doctor of Pedagogical Sciences, professor, the Department of Foreign Languages for Sciences;
Nataliya Rubel, Candidate of Pedagogical Sciences, associate professor, the Department of Foreign Languages for Sciences.
|Secretary||Khrystyna Kudrynska, assistant lecturer, the Department of Foreign Languages for Sciences|
|History||The seminar “EFL/ESP communicative competence acquisition by students majoring in sciences” has been created in support of lecturers of the department endeavouring to implement new approaches to EFL/ESP teaching/learning under the conditions of Ukraine’s integration into world educational space. The seminar on methods of EFL teaching/learning allows teachers to enhance their academic, learning and teaching practice in this direction|
|Topics||· Teaching EFL/ESP to students majoring in sciences. Training of future specialists in Sciences for professional communication in a foreign language environment. Forms and methods of the training.
· Specific features and ways of the new concept of foreign language teaching implementation. Challenges and opportunities.
· Syllabus and curriculum design. Learning and teaching resources development: self-study, textbooks, manuals, coursebooks. Criteria for text material selection.
· Forms of foreign language competence assessment. Tests. Types of tests. The requirements to tests. The requirements to credits and examinations in foreign language.
· Theoretical aspects of EFL/ESP communicative competence acquisition by students majoring in sciences.
· Communicative approach and its application in foreign language training. Specific features of its implementation.
· Building productive language skills (writing and speaking) in students majoring in sciences in the process EFL teaching/learning. Acquisition of new knowledge and skills while building foreign language communicative competence.
· Building receptive language skills (reading and listening) in students majoring in sciences in the process of EFL teaching/learning.
· Self-study. Effective forms and methods of self-study in the process of EFL communicative competence acquisition by students majoring in sciences.
· The requirements to the state examination in foreign language. Types of tasks, assessment criteria, scales.
|Address||The Department of Foreign Languages for Natural Sciences
41, Doroshenko st., Lviv 79005, Ukraine
Phone: (+38 032) 2394454