Type: For the student's choice
Department: english philology
|Semester||Amount of hours||Lecturer||Group(s)|
|9||16||Khrystyna Kunets||Ina-51M, Ina52M, Ina53M|
|Semester||Amount of hours||Group||Teacher(s)|
The course introduces students to various mistakes in translation (lexical, syntactic, stylistic, pragmatic) and criteria for assessing the quality of translation, both linguistic and socio-cultural. Through practical tasks, students improve their own translation skills and learn to improve the quality of other translations.
- Baker M. (2011). In other words: A coursebook on translation, Routledge.
- Eco U. (2001). Experiences in Translation, University of Toronto Press.
- Hatim B. & J. Munday (2004). Translation: An advanced resource book, Routledge.
- House J . (2015). Translation Quality Assessment. Past and Present, Routledge.
- Newmark A (1988). Textbook of Translation, Prentice Hall.
- Venuti L. (2000). The translation studies reader, Routledge.