Position: Lecturer, Translation Studies and Contrastive Linguistics named after Hryhoriy Kochur Department, Postgraduate Student, Translation Studies and Contrastive Linguistics named after Hryhoriy Kochur Department
Phone (office): (032) 239-43-74
Web page: orcid.org
Google Scholar profile: scholar.google.ca
Academia.edu profile: lnu.academia.edu
Facebook profile: www.facebook.com
- Artistic translation
- Sociology of translation
- Translation history
- Methodology of ESL teaching
1. Bondarenko M. Non-linearity and/in Translation: On Complex Strategies in the Ukrainian Rendition
of Joyce’s Novel-Hypertext Ulysses // Respects Philologicus. – Vilnus, 2019. – № 35 (40). Accessed
on: http://www.journals.vu.lt/respectus-philologicus/article/view/12726 .
Participation in scholarly conferences:
1. Bondarenko M. Translating a Translingual Text: James Joyce’s Ulysses in the Ukrainian
Translation. Abstracts of X International Conference “Major Issues in Translation Studies and
Translators’/Interpreters’ Training”, Vinnytsia: Nova Knyha, 2019 – 21-23.
2. “Translation and Power” (Rzechów, Poland, 9-10 July 2019). Presented a paper on the topic: “Agency in Translating James Joyce’s Prose in the 20th Century Ukraine”.
3. “IPCITI 2019: Exploring Benefits of a Multidisciplinary Approach in Translation and Interpreting Studies” (Dublin, Ireland, 22-23 November 2019). Presented a paper on the Topic: “Translation of literary classics going multimodal: Ukrainian-language digital edition of the essay Giacomo Joyce by James Joyce”.
2012-2014 – studied at the Faculty of Foreign Languages of the Vasyl Stus National University of Donetsk (Department of Theory and Practice of Translation);
2014-2016 – BA in Translation/Interpreting Studies at the Ivan Franko National University of Lviv (Hryhoriy Kochur Department of Translation Studies and Contrastive Linguistics); qualification – English/Ukrainian translator, teacher of the English language;
2016-2018 – MA in Translation/Interpreting Studies at the Ivan Franko National University of Lviv (Hryhoriy Kochur Department of Translation Studies and Contrastive Linguistics); qualification – English/German/Ukrainian translator, University lecturer of English, German and translation/interpreting;
since September 2018 – assistant lecturer at the Hryhoriy Kochur Department of Translation Studies and Contrastive Linguistics.
In 2019 won a scholarship for participation in The 23rd Trieste Joyce School (23-29 June 2019, Trieste, Italy).