Position: Lecturer, French and Spanish Philologies Department
Scientific degree: Candidate of Philological Sciences
Phone (office): (032) 239-47-37
I, Olga Stepanivna Chaplya was born on January, 17, 1972 in the town of Striy, Lviv oblast in the family of office workers.
In 1989 I left high school N6 specialized in Mathematics in Striy. I was awarded a golden medal for success in studies. The same year I entered Uzhgorod State University, the Faculty of Romanic and German Philology. In 1994 I graduated from the university and got a degree in the French language and Foreign literature. During studying I was on a probation training in the town of Avignon (France). After graduation I worked as:
– 1994-1996 – a teacher of French in secondary school in the village of Konyukhiv, Stryiskiy region.
– In 1996 I entered post-graduate courses of Lviv State University named after Ivan Franko. I studied there on the form of distance learning.
– In 2002 I graduated from post-graduate courses.
– 1996-1997 – I took up a post of a methodologist in the department of the Ministry of Education, Science and Culture in Lviv.
– 1997-2001 I was on a maternity leave.
– In 2001 – I was hired by Lviv branch of the European University and took up a post of the head of a computer class.
The same year I was employed by this university on the position of a teacher of French.
In 2003 I took up the post of an assistant at the department of the French Philology in Lviv National University named after Ivan Franko.
In 2004 I got a Candidate Degree in the speciality 10.02.05 – “The Romanic Languages”.
I am married. My husband – Petro Chaplya, born on September, 2, 1969. He is a retired military man, a major in reserve. Now he is a manager in a construction company in Lviv.
Daughter, Olena Chaplya, born on June, 16, 1998.
Son, Oleg Chaplya, born on June, 8, 2007.
Skills: good at computer.
Hobbies: traveling, dancing, translation of French fiction, healthy eating and picnics in the open air.